Cheadle Primary Sports Crew 2015/2016
Cheadle Sports Crew aim to create enjoyable sporting activities for children in both Key Stage 1 and 2. Our main aim is to encourage children to enjoy all types of sports and activities as they go through Primary School.
Meet your new Sports Crew for 2015/2016:
Sports Crew Roles and Responsibilities
- Listening to what other students want to do.
- Organising and planning different types of events that will appeal to a range of young people.
- Publicising events, competitions and school sports clubs.
- Recruiting participants to take part.
- Helping to organising sports events, such as Sport and Talent Week, Sports Days and celebration events and competitions.
- Leading sporting activities in playground at break and lunch times.
- Get the equipment ready before the session.
- Start warm-ups.
- Put the equipment away.
- Help run a lunch time club or playground zone.
- To increase sporting participation
Why have a Sports Crew?
Allowing children to have a role in PE and sport can help them to:
- Develop leadership skills
- Act as role models for other pupils
- Provide insights to help steer PE & school sport
- Encourage and enthuse others in break and lunchtime activities