Rights Respecting Schools Award
|We have been awarded the Recognition of Commitment status by UNICEF UK.
We are so excited to announce that we have achieved our first goal on the journey to becoming a Rights Respecting School! Thank you to all the pupils, staff, parents and governors for contributing to this achievement.
Over the next 12 to 18 months we will be working towards achieving Level 1 of the Rights Respecting School Award and learning even more about the rights of children, mutual respect and United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. We have lots of child centred initiatives planned for the forthcoming year!
We have been very busy! So far we have:
– Enjoyed drama sessions through stories that reflect the rights of the child
– Developed class charters to highlight what is important to us in our school
– Shared assemblies and links with local places of worship to visit our school and help us to explore the different religions around the world
– Planned changes to our school prayer with parents and teachers to reflect our own community
– Explored and discussed some UNICEF Rights of the Child articles in our classes
– Established links with schools globally to communicate with. More details to follow soon!
– Sports Crew – we have a team of children who are motivated to develop children’s rights to play and access a healthy lifestyle!
Meet our appointed Rights Respecting Rangers below.
Click on the logo below to find out more from the UNICEF website