Rights Respecting Schools Award
|In December 2019 we were awarded the prestigious UNICEF UK’s Rights Respecting School Award at Gold level! We are extremely proud of this remarkable achievement. The children, staff and parents have worked so hard to receive such a fabulous award. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child underpins the wonderful everyday work and play at Cheadle Primary School.
Particular strengths highlighted from the UNICEF report were:
“Children’s voices are genuinely listened to and valued.”
“Cheadle Primary School has a long established and strong culture of inclusivity and values each person as an individual.”
Thank you to all the pupils, staff, parents and governors for contributing to this achievement.
We have been very busy! So far we have:
– Enjoyed drama sessions through stories that reflect the rights of the child
– Developed class charters to highlight what is important to us in our school
– Shared assemblies and links with local places of worship to visit our school and help us to explore the different religions around the world
– Planned changes to our school prayer with parents and teachers to reflect our own community
– Explored and discussed some UNICEF Rights of the Child articles in our classes
– Established links with schools globally to communicate with. More details to follow soon!
– Sports Crew – we have a team of children who are motivated to develop children’s rights to play and access a healthy lifestyle!
Meet our appointed Rights Respecting Rangers below.
Click on the logo below to find out more from the UNICEF website